Organic Living Diva
Holistic Living • Natural Wellness • Homeschooling
Quick and Spicy Cod Recipe (from Frozen to Fabulous in minutes)!
What a fabulous surprise it was to know an Instant Pot fish recipe can work well, in minutes and from a frozen start! I’m loving this!
I never knew the value of a pressure cooker until I got one and I love the Instant Pot! We were having a guest over for dinner the other night and I forgot to remove some pieces of wild cod to defrost during the day before I left to enjoy the sunshine and the zoo with my daughter.Upon returning home I whipped up the side dishes of an organic romaine salad, and garlic rosemary mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes of which I’d already cooked. With everything ready but pieces of frozen fish I decided to give the InstantPot a first time run at cooking from a frozen state.I totally winged it and the cod was phenomenal!
Servings 3 people
- 3 pieces Frozen Cod
- 1 whole Lime - Juice Only Organic
- 1 whole Jalapeno - Chopped into quarters Organic
- 2 inches Ginger - Finely shredded Organic
- 1 tbsp Bragg Amino Acids
- 1 tsp Miso Paste - White or Brown Organic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Organic
- Combine the sauce ingredients in the InstantPot and stir until mixed. Add frozen cod and toss the sauce over the cod pieces until well covered.
- Close the InstantPot lid, turn on to Pressure Cook on High for 4 minutes. Let cool down for about 5 minutes. Open and serve!
- The juices from, the cod will produce more sauce than you started with, so having a side dish of quinoa or brown rice ready to soak up the spicy goodness will be delicious!