GLUTEN FREE COCONUT, CARDAMOM, NUT AND SEED BUTTER PANCAKES
Enjoy a simple, delicious and healthy recipe of pancakes to energize your day. These are nutritious little pancakes that are perfect for on the go snacks too, especially for the kiddos! Plus the cardamom adds a unique floral flavor that intrigues the senses.
Nut and Seed Butter Mixture
- 1 cup nut and seed butter* see below
- 3 tbsp honey local to your area
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut meat (or dry unsweetened flakes) organic of course
- 1-2 tbsp coconut water organic of course
- 1 tsp cardamom organic of course
- 2 whole eggs organic of course
- 2 whole over ripe bananas organic of course
- 1/2 cup nut and seed butter mixture from above
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour* see below
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil organic of course
- 1 pinch sea salt
Cut open a fresh coconut by trimming the husk from the tip 1/4 all the way around until you hit the hard coconut shell. Then use the butt of the knife and knock a line in a circle around the top. Eventually the shell will crack and you can lift the top off. Put a cup, one that can hold at least 2 cups of liquid, over the hole and flip the coconut to catch the coconut water. Use a spoon to scoop out the soft meat of the coconut.
Blend the soft coconut and 1 tablespoon of coconut water.
If you don't have a fresh trimmed coconut, use unsweetened dried coconut flakes and some coconut water. Let's Do Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut is a great option.
Mix blended coconut with nut and seed butter, honey and cardamom.
In a separate bowl, measure 1/2 cup of the nut mixture and mix or blend with eggs, bananas, GF flour, salt and oil.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a splash of oil. Pour mixture into small pancakes. You may need to use a small spatula to help spread the mixture.
For the nut and seed mixture, NuttZo Organic Power Fuel is a delicious and nutritious option.
You can also choose to make this recipe without the flour. I use the gluten free Namaste Organic Perfect Flour Blend because it gives a little more substance for my daughter to be able to eat with her fingers and enjoy as a snack anytime.