Making organic vegan cheesy kale chips is SO EASY and they taste delicious! Not only that, but they are also nutritious. This is a sneaky way to inspire little ones, and even adults, to eat this hearty cruciferous vegetable. Plus you are saving money by making them yourself!
Cook with Kids!
First, if possible, start making organic vegan cheesy kale chips with a fun assistant! This is a great home economics project for kids. They can participate with literally hands on experience. It helps kids get familiar with a vegetable that is harder to chew and break down earlier in life. Equally, the baked kale chips are easy to crunch, chew and digest.
Organic Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale organic
- 3 tbsp olive oil organic
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini organic
- 1 tsp braggs aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- 1 sprinkle cracked pepper organic
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Rinse kale. Cut or tear bite size pieces of kale from stems and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the sauce ingredients – olive oil, nutritional yeast, tahini, braggs aminos, and cracked pepper. Mix ingredients into a blended paste. If it is too think, add a teaspoon of water at a time until you get a smooth paste.
- Combine kale pieces and saucy paste and mix together. You can really get into the grooves of the kale best by hand mixing. Using a spoon or spatula just can't "massage" the paste into the kale as best as a pair of clean hands can.
- Spread out on a cookie tray with pieces laying side by side only one layer deep. Bake in oven on 300 degrees for about 25 minutes. Taste test to see if the kale is crunchy yet. If still a bit soft, bake a few minutes more.
- Let kale cool down and serve!
Kale is among the most nutrient dense foods. I find that people will eat more kale is it is cut into small pieces as complimentary ingredient in a salad or meal. By itself, it’s a lot of masticating work, but packed with goodness. These tasty organic vegan cheesy kale chips are one of many ways you can make kale more enjoyable.
- Full of antioxidants
- High in protein
- High in fiber – duh!
- Includes vitamins A, C, K
- Includes folate – B Vitamins
- Offers alpha-linolenic acid
- A good source of lutein and zeaxanthin
- A good source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc
Nutritional Yeast Benefits
Nutritional yeast contains all 9 essential amino acids correctly proportioned for human bioavailability. This means it’s a complete protein. It is an inactive yeast used as a supplement.
- High in protein
- High in B vitamins
- Offers fiber
- Often fortified adding more vitamin value, especially for the vegetarian and vegan eaters
Olive Oil Benefits
Olive oil that preserves flavor and nutrients will be organic 100% pure extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed and unfiltered. Use what you’ve got, however, it’s helpful to do research on quality and nutritional value variance. Prices vary dramatically based on all of these contributing factors.
- Contains Large Amounts of Antioxidants
- Rich in Healthy Monounsaturated Fats
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Tahini is basically ground sesame seeds turned into a butter. They are delicious and versatile.
- Contains more protein than milk and most nuts
- Rich source of B vitamins
- Also a rich source of minerals: magnesium, phosphorus, iron and calcium
Braggs Aminos Benefits
Braggs Liquid Aminos adds great flavor to dishes. It is salty, so be careful for those watching sodium intake,
- Contains 16 amino acids providing a liquid vegan protein seasoning
- Non-GMO and a naturally gluten free option to traditional soy sauce
Great Resource For Healthy Options
Almost every week I notice a new home delivery produce or meal service vehicle driving around the neighborhood or marketing online. Similarly, I have already been using Imperfect Produce and it’s great. I love the experience of fresh produce showing up at my door. Equally, I love reducing grocery store visits.
Another option to check out is Azure Standard of Healthy and Abundant Living. With over 30 years experience, Azure provides natural and organic groceries and environmentally friendly home supplies. This company started out as a farm and eventually broadened their options to include products in the late 80’s. Their story is inspiring and their quality standards are impressive.
A super cool feature about Azure, in addition to an amazing selection, are their shipping options. You can either pay shipping as normal for an order.
Or you can join a “Drop” for free shipping and pick up your order at a nearby neighbor’s house. You are assigned a Drop location closest to you. This is a great way to save money. Also, you get to meet your neighbors and build friendships!
Please SHARE THE LOVE! If you know of a mama, daddy, grandparent, family member or friend out there who may find value in this, please share! If you have a thought, idea, suggestion or question, please comment or connect with me.
Inspiring Health, Wellness & Joyous Living • Mompreneur • Yogini • World Traveler • Holistic Health • Photography Lover • Aussie/USA • Mom @ 43!