After returning home from a Hawaiian vacation, our daughter was busy playing in her little kitchen this morning and enjoying a Facetime chat with her Tutu. She announced she was making breakfast pancakes and it wasn’t too long after that she asked me to make her pancakes as well. Knowing we had a fresh coconut to enjoy, I had the idea of putting it to use somehow with pancakes. And so we have healthy gluten free coconut, cardamom, nut and seed butter pancakes!
Although we eat healthy when we travel, it’s always good to get back to our own kitchen. On our travels, we find healthy restaurants and raw, fresh or smoothie cafes to replenish our bodies with fresh and raw nutrients. We also find places to stay with kitchens so we can create most of our meals, but there’s nothing like the juices and meals we create in our own kitchen havens.
WEEKLY PRODUCE DELIVERY ROCKS!
It’s also delightful to arrive home to a fresh box of fruit and veggies at our door after a long flight home from a vacation. There are lots of options out there, and I have found Imperfect Produce to be a outstanding organic produce delivery service. They deliver amazing produce to your door for up to 30% off and help fight food waste! Click HERE to enjoy $10 off to create your first box and pass it on!
Support a company with a mission to reduce waste, reduce hunger, provide healthy options at a better price to more people, raise awareness, support farmers, create jobs, and celebrate imperfections. Plus you will find an ever expanding selection of products like breads, canned goods, tea, sauces and the list goes on.
This week’s delivery came with a fresh trimmed coconut among an assortment of fruits and veggies. I love that I can customize my delivery each week, skip a week if needed, receive tips via email, and text messages when my delivery arrives. As a busy mom, this saves time and helps me prepare for the week.
GLUTEN FREE COCONUT, CARDAMOM, NUT AND SEED BUTTER PANCAKES
Nut and Seed Butter Mixture
- 1 cup nut and seed butter* see below
- 3 tbsp honey local to your area
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut meat (or dry unsweetened flakes) organic of course
- 1-2 tbsp coconut water organic of course
- 1 tsp cardamom organic of course
- 2 whole eggs organic of course
- 2 whole over ripe bananas organic of course
- 1/2 cup nut and seed butter mixture from above
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour* see below
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil organic of course
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Cut open a fresh coconut by trimming the husk from the tip 1/4 all the way around until you hit the hard coconut shell. Then use the butt of the knife and knock a line in a circle around the top. Eventually the shell will crack and you can lift the top off. Put a cup, one that can hold at least 2 cups of liquid, over the hole and flip the coconut to catch the coconut water. Use a spoon to scoop out the soft meat of the coconut.
- Blend the soft coconut and 1 tablespoon of coconut water.
- If you don’t have a fresh trimmed coconut, use unsweetened dried coconut flakes and some coconut water. Let’s Do Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut is a great option.
- Mix blended coconut with nut and seed butter, honey and cardamom.
- In a separate bowl, measure 1/2 cup of the nut mixture and mix or blend with eggs, bananas, GF flour, salt and oil.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a splash of oil. Pour mixture into small pancakes. You may need to use a small spatula to help spread the mixture.
Inspiring Health, Wellness & Joyous Living • Mompreneur • Yogini • World Traveler • Holistic Health • Photography Lover • Aussie/USA • Mom @ 43!