Lamictal generic read this post here SLOW JUICING ROCKS!
Daily slow juicing is a great way to absorb fresh bioavailable health into your body. It’s also a great way to jump start your day. You will offer your body a flush of nutrients, antioxidants, and so much more. Slow juicing is the best way to go to retain the fresh and vital elements of your fruit and vegetables.
With a slow juicer, absolutely everything needs to be chopped into small pieces. Slow juicing compresses fruits and vegetables slowly preserving freshness and nutrient value.
Small pieces put less pressure on the device.
If you are not using a slow juicer, you will be oxidizing your nutrients. We don’t want to defeat the purpose of slow juicing. Here are the main ingredients I use with a little variation here and there.
FRIENDS HELPING FRIENDS
My friend Jessica Alexander Fields inspired our family with her juicing and her amazing recovery. So much of this stems from her experience. Using organic produce as much as possible is key.
Using organic means you will reduce unnecessary consumption of pesticides and other toxic sprays, GMO’s and ingredients that will be counter productive to juicing. Sometimes it is hard to find everything organic. I do my best and wash everything well.
Daily Juicing - Love it!
- ½ apple (excluding seeds) Organic
- 1 large beet Organic
- 1 lemon including skin Organic
- 3 large carrots Organic
- 1 celery stalk Organic
- ¼ bunch of cilantro Organic
- 2 inches ginger Organic
- 2 radishes Organic
- 1 inch tumeric Organic
- 3 cups greens – kale, spinach or super greens mix Organic
Chop all the ingredients into small pieces less than ½ inch wide. Toss everything together as if you are preparing a salad.
Turn on your juicer, be sure you’ve got your fiber container and juicer pitcher in place before starting, then start to gently drop your ingredients into the juicer. I like to keep the juicer hatch closed until the juicer is full so everything mixes well, then release as needed to finish the job.
This makes about 20 ounces of juice, so 10 ounces each for 2 people, give or take the size of the ingredients. Most of the items we are able to procure organic at Costco which really helps with overall costs. Check out Farmers Markets and Community Agricultural Services also.
Now take a moment to enjoy your juice. This could be your 5-10 minutes of mindful meditation while you sip your juice. Allowing your digestive system to process the juice over a little time improves absorption since most of the fiber is removed. There is a limit of how much can be digested in a short period of time and actually absorb all the nutrient content. If you need to hit the road, take your juice in a to-go container and enjoy it as you commute. Our favorite is the Hydroflask.
Following are some key benefits and nutrition included in these ingredients. However there's much more going on with each fruit or vegetable from phytonutrients, to weight loss, to lowering blood pressure, to cancer fighting and more. And of course there is fiber in all of these, which is mostly removed with juicing, so I have omitted listing it. Each ingredient could truly be covered in it’s own article. The power of plants is incredible! Stay tuned!
• APPLE – (minus the seeds) Antioxidant – Vitamin C, riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6, Phytonutrients, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
• BEETS - Folate, Manganese, Potassium, Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin C, Iron and Vitamin B6.
• CARROT - Antioxidant - Beta-carotene, vitamin A, C, K, and B8, as well as pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
• CELERY – antioxidant and detoxifier - vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6.
• CILANTRO – detoxifies the body of heavy metals - Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid,Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
• GINGER - anti-inflammatory and antioxidant – iron, Vitamin B6, C, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, folate, riboflavin, niacin
• KALE – Anti-Inflammatory and antioxidant - Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
• LEMON –- Antioxidant - Vitamin C, B6, Thiamin, Copper, Calcium & Iro
• RADISH – Antioxidant and detoxifier - Vitamins E, A, C, B6, and K. Plus it's high on antioxidants, fiber, zinc, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, calcium, iron and manganese.
• SPINACH – Antioxidant - Niacin and Zinc, Vitamin A,Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium,Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese
• TUMERIC - Anti-Inflammatory and antioxidant – manganese, iron, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C and magnesium.