Seriously! With a company name like that, I couldn’t resist investigating! I do give a crap about health, wellness and environmental impact. My radar is always scanning for ideas, innovations and practices that can improve life. I discovered our website Who Gives A Crap toilet paper company recently and here’s what I found.
Most women love to share information on the discounts and deals they get. I enjoy those conversations. However, when I share my excitement with my husband, he is only interested in one fact, the “bottom line.” “How much did you actually pay?”or “What amount was actually deducted from the bank account?” Not surprisingly then, my husband asked if it cost more than what we’ve been using.
So off I went to do a cost and benefits analysis, all the while using our new http://iksdome.com/event-schedule/•eclipsee-ya-the-new-moon-rising-august-17-22nd-williamsburg-ky/eclipseeya-the-new-moon-rising-august-17-17-6445-highway-92-e-williamsburg-ky-40769 Who Gives A Crap toilet paper each potty visit. I started with the benefits and looked at what we are using, the Costco brand, in comparison to an eco-friendly company, Seventh Generation, as well as, Who Gives A Crap.
Kirkland Signature – Costco
There’s lots of toilet paper options out there. It can be difficult to quickly compare price, value and environmental impact. We have been using Costco’s Kirkland Signature toilet paper for years since buying in bulk at Costco directly is cost effective.
Features and Benefits
- 2 Ply Bath Tissue 30 ct 425 Sheets
- Case Pack of 30 Rolls
- 1593.7 Total sq. ft.
- 425 Sheets Per Roll
- 2 Layers of Softness and Absorbency
- Safe for septic systems: comprised of biodegradable fiber tested to break apart when subjected to water
- Each sheet is 4 in x 4.5 in
- I could not find any detailed information, even on the Costco website, on the materials used to create the white toilet paper or chemicals used.
- Kirkland Signature received an F on the Forest Stewardship Council Sustainability Scorecard
Seventh Generation Free & Clear is 100% recycled toilet paper. It is made with no added dyes, inks, or fragrances. However, it is packaged in plastic wrap versus recyclable paper.
- 2-ply bathroom tissue designed for softness and strength
- Case Pack of 30 Rolls
- 1593.7 Total sq. ft.
- 2 packs of 24-roll packs, 240 sheets per roll
- Made with 100% recycled paper (50% post-consumer content, 50% pre-consumer content)
- Whitened without chlorine bleach
- No added dyes, inks, or fragrances
- Compatible with low-flow toilets in RVs and campers
- Seventh Generation received an A on the Forest Stewardship Council Sustainability Scorecard
Who Gives A Crap
So this paper may not be white and fluffy. It is however, unbleached natural looking and gentle. It is 3 ply and the rolls are rock solid full of paper. You can sign upon auto-ship. In addition, you may tailor your frequency based on family size. What a smart option! There are a few rolls in the box marked “emergency” to remind you to check that your reorder will come when you need it most.
Who Gives A Crap also donates 50% of their profits to help build toilets for those in need. Their global impact is growing as their company grows in Australia, USA and the UK to date. According to their research, 40% of people on this planet do not have healthy sanitation accessibility. Better sanitation mean less disease and healthier communities. It makes using the toilet a charitable cause! Pretty cool!
Not only that, Who Gives A Crap is one of countless organizations who have shifted their marketing techniques to the social retail experience booming today. In addition to offering free shipping, they also offer subscription discounts and even more discounts when you Refer A Friend. Give $10 when you Refer A Friend and Get $10 off your next order! Everyone benefits!
100% RECYCLED TOILET PAPER
- Jumbo rolls are a great deal at as low as 25¢ per 100 sheets
- 50% of profits donated to help build toilets
- Made from recycled books and office paper
- 100% money back guarantee
- Jumbo rolls have 400 sheets each
- Sheets are 3.94″ x 3.94″ each
- 2,067 sq. feet per box of 48 (43 sq. feet per roll)
- 3-ply is super soft and super strong
- A-ok for almost all septic tanks
- No inks, dyes or scents
- Who Gives A Crap is not yet rated by the Forest Stewardship Council (I have a feeling they will score an A+.)
Bottom Line – Ha Ha!
No pun intended, but I couldn’t resist! Here’s the deal, Costco is affordable, but not environmentally friendly. Seventh Generation rated high for sustainability. Who Gives A Crap does cost more, but, or is it butt, does provide toilets to those in need. It’s sustainable, philanthropic and offers referral discounts.
- Kirkland Signature – $.63 per roll
- Seventh Generation – $.92 per roll before “Subscribe and Save” Amazon discounts
- Who Gives A Crap – $1.00 per roll before subscription and referral discounts
It comes down to a person’s willingness to pay a little more for a product that is better for our planet and our future generations. We have so much garbage already piled up, this kind of contribution seems like the least we can do with our voting dollars to help make positive change.
Give it a try
Consider clicking on the Refer A Friend link for Who Gives a Crap and give it a try. Honestly, I thank you in advance for making our family’s sustainable wiping experience more affordable. Likewise, I’m glad I can pass on a discount, about 20%, to you to get you started!
If you’ve stumbled upon some amazing companies out there offering products that are healthy, conscientious of global impact and are actively philanthropic, I’d love to know. Share in the comments below! And now while you’re sitting on the loo considering your next toilet paper purchase, you may also want to plan your breakfast and support good gut health with a freshly squeezed juice or perhaps plan a hike with your family.